By default, the classic MIUI interface on Xiaomi devices takes care of adding all the newly installed applications to the main screen . Therefore, it is common that space and order can easily collapse.
Lots of apps crammed onto the home screen can be a big problem. For that reason, Xiaomi integrated the application drawer , a new system that will help you organize and categorize all your apps.
To better explain how it works, today we show you how to use and customize the application drawer of your Xiaomi like a professional .
What is the app drawer and how is it activated?
The application drawer is a MIUI function that allows you to organize the different applications installed on your device by categories . As you add new apps, other categories will be created automatically. Activating the application drawer does not imply anything complicated. In fact, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Take your Xiaomi device and enter " Settings ".
- Swipe down and click on the "Home screen " option.
- In the next menu, click on the "Home screen " option again.
- Here are two options before you: The classic MIUI interface and the app drawer . Click on the option on the right to activate the application drawer.
Once the app drawer is activated, the main screen will change the organization of the apps. Now, to see your apps, you must swipe up from the bottom to access your application gallery.
The newly activated function will automatically organize your apps by categories , which you can identify at the top of the screen.
App drawer customization settings
Of course, the MIUI application drawer not only provides a better organization. It also has some practical and complementary functions. In the same section where you activated the drawer, you can scroll down and view the different existing configurations to further customize the interface . These are:
- Application suggestions: As the same option indicates, when activating this setting, it will show the applications that you use the most in the application drawer.
- Manage application categories: It is an option that allows you to manage the order in which the different application categories appear. Also, you can manually choose which applications should go in a certain category. In addition, you also have the option to create a new category if you need it.
- Backgrounds: It is a section that gives you the option to customize the appearance of the application drawer. You can change to a light, dark theme or a grayish hue called as system. Also, you can vary the transparency of the bottom of the drawer by one that suits your preferences.
- Scroll bar: The setting allows you to choose between two sidebar models. By default, "Original Design" is enabled, which is just a blue scroll bar. However, you can change it to an "AZ" bar, that is, in alphabetical order.
- Place applications on the home screen: Just as the name implies, this setting allows you to automatically place new applications on the home screen. However, you can deactivate it so that the apps are stored in the application drawer.
The entry How to use and customize the application drawer of your Xiaomi like a professional was first published in xiaomist: Xiaomi news and news website .