The Taiwanese manufacturer announced the smartphones HTC U20 5G and HTC Desire 20 Pro. Unfortunately, we do not know yet whether the phones will appear in Poland. Rather, they will not guarantee a return to the first league.
HTC has forgotten smartphone fans for over a year. The last phone call from Taiwanese made its debut in May 2019. U12 + was a solid flagship model, which, however, could not stand the competition from Samsung or Huawei.
Since then, HTC seemed to be more focused on the virtual reality market. A few weeks ago the VR goggles from the HTC Vive Cosmos line premiered , which Piotr Grabc liked .
At the same time, in February, rumors appeared that HTC would be preparing the smartphone premiere for half a year . The new phone was to be distinguished by 5G communication support.
Today we know that the rumors turned out to be true.
HTC U20 5G at a glance:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor,
- RAM 8 GB,
- 256 GB mass storage (can be expanded with memory cards),
- 6.8-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and 20: 9 aspect ratio,
- A set of four cameras on the back: main 48 Mpix f / 1.8, 8 Mpix (ultra wide angle with 118 degrees field of view) + 2 Mpix (macro) + 2 Mpix (depth sensor),
- Front camera with 32 Mpix resolution,
- 5000 mAh battery with QC 4.0 quick charge (18W),
- Android 10 system.
- Support 5G, NFC, dual sim, USB C.
- Unfortunately, there was no headphone connector.
The phone may go on sale in July this year, but its availability will be limited. It will definitely appear in Taiwan. It was valued at 18990 local dollars, which translates to approx. PLN 2514.
The second of the phones announced today is the smaller brother of the U20 - Desire 20 Pro.
HTC Desire 20 Pro at a glance:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor,
- 6 GB RAM,
- 128 GB mass memory (can be expanded with memory cards),
- 6.5-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels,
- A set of four cameras on the back: the main 48 Mpix f / 1.8, 8 Mpix (ultra wide angle with a field of view of 110 degrees) + 2 Mpix (macro) + 2 Mpix (depth sensor),
- 25 Mpix front camera
- 5000 mAh battery,
- Android 10 system.
- NFC module and 3.5 mm audio jack
Both phones go to the ultra-competitive market of "medium-sized aspirations".
They have a modern look, reasonable specifications and a large battery, which is exactly the same as most phones at a price of around 2,000. zł. Perhaps customers will be convinced by a recognized brand that years ago introduced Android to salons. Most will choose, however, a portfolio, not a sentiment. 5G connectivity support is niche for now.
Do not miss new texts. Follow Spider's Web in Google News .
HTC has remembered that it produces smartphones. Here are the HTC U20 5G and HTC Desire 20 Pro